Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions are the contract between you and Parolla Limited (“us”, “we”, etc). By visiting or using Our Website, or signing up for our Services, you agree to be bound by them.
We are Parolla Limited, a company registered in Ireland, number 631364
Our address is 5 Springhill Court, Tramore, Co. Waterford, Ireland
VAT Registration Number: IE 355718IH
You are: Anyone who uses Our Website or buys Service from us.
Please read this agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree with it, you should leave Our Website and stop using the site or the Services immediately.
These are the agreed terms:
“Content” means the textual, visual or aural content that is encountered as part of your experience on Our Website. It may include, among other things: text, images, sounds, videos and animations. It includes content Posted by you.
"Intellectual Property" means intellectual property owned by us, of every sort, whether or not registered or registrable in any country, including intellectual property of all kinds coming into existence after today; and including, among others, patents, trade marks, unregistered marks, designs, copyrights, software, domain names, discoveries, creations and inventions, together with all rights which are derived from those rights.
“Our Website” means any website or service designed for electronic access by mobile or fixed devices which is owned or operated by us or any member of the Parolla Limited group of companies. It includes all web pages controlled by us.
"Post" means place on or into Our Website any Content or material of any sort by any means.
“Services” means all of the services available from Our Website, whether free or charged.
“Visitor” means anyone who visits Our Website.
In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
- a reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is managed or controlled as a unit.
- a reference to a person includes reference to that person’s successors, legal representatives, permitted assigns and any person to whom rights and obligations are transferred or passed as a result of a merger, division, reconstruction or other re-organisation involving that person.
- in the context of permission, “may not” in connection with an action of yours, means “must not”.
- the headings to the paragraphs and schedules (if any) to this agreement are inserted for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation.
- any agreement by either party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing;
- except where stated otherwise, any obligation of any person arising from this agreement may be performed by any other person;
- a reference to an act or regulation includes new law of substantially the same intent as the act or regulation referred to.
- these terms and conditions apply to all supplies of Services by us. They prevail over any terms proposed by you.
- this agreement is made only in the English language. If there is any conflict in meaning between the English language version of this agreement and any version or translation of this agreement in any other language, the English language version shall prevail.
3. Basis of Contract
- In entering into this contract you have not relied on any representation or information from any source except the definition and explanation of the Services given on Our Website.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, we agree to provide to you some or all of the Services described on Our Website.
- You acknowledge that you understand exactly what is included in the Services and you are satisfied that the Services are suitable and satisfactory for your requirements;
- So far as we allow use of our Intellectual Property, we grant a licence to you, limited to the terms set out in this agreement.
- Our contract with you and licence to you last for 1 month or 1 year, depending the service plan selected. Any continuation by us or by you after the expiry is a new contract under the terms then posted on Our Website. Your continued use of our Services after that shall be deemed acceptance by you of the changed Service, system and/or terms.
- The contract between us comes into existence when we receive payment from you for a Service.
- We may change this agreement and / or the way we provide the Services, at any time. If we do:
- the change will take effect when we Post it on Our Website.
- we will give you notice of the change. If you do not accept the change, we will refund the money you have paid for the Service to date.
- if you make any payment for Services or goods in the future, you will do so under the terms Posted on Our Website at that time.
4. Your account and personal information
- When you visit Our Website, you accept responsibility for any action done by any person using your name, account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
- You agree that you have provided accurate, up to date, and complete information about yourself. We are not responsible for any error made as a result of such information being inaccurate.
- You agree to notify us of any changes in your information immediately it occurs. If you do not do so, we may terminate your account.
- You accept responsibility for those individuals that you invite into the system to access your data.
5. The Price
- The prices payable for Services are clearly set out on Our Website.
- The price charged for any Services may differ from one country to another. You may not be entitled to the lowest price unless you reside in the qualifying country.
- Prices are exclusive of any applicable value added tax or other sales tax.
- Our pricing, depending on your usage and plan selection, will be a combination of:
- Fixed monthly charges based on providing access for live companies in the coming period.
- Variable monthly charges based on usage for the past billable month.
- Occasional negotiated charges for the provision of additional services, such as training, additional support and restoration of data.
6. Renewal payments
- For annual plans, at least four weeks before expiry of the period for which you have paid, we shall send you a message to your last known email address to tell you that you licence to use the Services is shortly to expire and to invite you to renew. An invoice for the new period will be included.
- At any time before expiry of your subscription, you may use the “Billing” tab on Our Website to access your personal information and change your requirements for Services or cancel renewal.
- At expiry of your Parolla subscription we shall automatically take payment from your credit card of the sum specified on the invoice sent earlier and shall confirm the renewal of your Parolla subscription for a further period by sending you an email message.
7. How we handle your Content
- If you Post Content to any public area of Our Website it becomes available in the public domains. We have no control over who sees it or what anyone does with it.
- You are the Data Controller and are responsible for the content that is uploaded or transmitted to the Parolla site. Parolla is a data processor in this agreement.
- Parolla allows you to nominate users to have access to the data. It is your responsibility to confirm that whoever you allocate access has the appropriate rights and requirements to view that data. Also that they understand the implications of viewing/using/distributing that data.
- Even if access to your data is behind a user registration it remains effectively in the public domain because someone has only to register and log in, to access it. You should therefore avoid Posting unnecessary confidential information.
- Posting content of any sort does not change your ownership of the copyright in it. We have no claim over it and we will not protect your rights for you.
- You understand that you are personally responsible for your breach of someone else’s intellectual property rights, defamation, or any law, which may occur as a result of any Content having been Posted by you;
- You accept all risk and responsibility for determining whether any Content is in the public domain and not confidential.
- Please notify us of any security breach or unauthorised use of your account.
8. Restrictions on what you may Post to Our Website
The content that a user is able to post to Parolla is by nature limited to largely financial information. However some sensitive information can be contained, such as medical notes for leave requests, political affiliations via trade union dues, and in some cases information relating to minors.
Some of this information is Personal or Sensitive Data as defined by GDPR regulations.
In general, we operate on the principles of data minimisation. We would prefer not to store data that is unnecessary to the purposes of processing a payroll. As the data controller you should consider what information is essential for you to upload/post to our services.
For completeness, we require that your users follow guidelines on what is acceptable content.
We invite you to Post Content to Our Website in several ways and for different purposes. We have to regulate your use of Our Website to protect our business and our staff, to protect other users of Our Website and to comply with the law. These provisions apply to all users of Our Website.
We do not undertake to moderate or check every item Posted, but we do protect our business vigorously. If we believe Content Posted breaches the law, we shall co-operate fully with the law enforcement authorities in whatever way we can.
You agree that you will not use or allow anyone else to use Our Website to Post Content or undertake any activity which is or may:
- be unlawful, or tend to incite another person to commit a crime;
- consist in commercial audio, video or music files;
- be obscene, offensive, threatening, violent, malicious or defamatory;
- be sexually explicit or pornographic;
- be likely to deceive any person or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity, age or affiliation with any person;
- request or collect passwords or other personal information from another user without his permission, nor Post any unnecessary personal information about yourself;
- include anything other than words (i.e. you will not include any symbols or photographs) except for a photograph of yourself in your profile in such place as we designate or a company logo;
- facilitate the provision of unauthorised copies of another person's copyright work;
- link to any of the material specified in this paragraph;
- Post excessive or repeated off-topic messages to any forum or group;
- sending age-inappropriate communications or Content to anyone.
9. Removal of offensive Content
- For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph is addressed to any person who comes on Our Website for any purpose.
- We are under no obligation to monitor or record the activity of any customer for any purpose, nor do we assume any responsibility to monitor or police Internet-related activities. However, we may do so without notice to you and without giving you a reason.
- If you are offended by any Content, the following procedure applies:
- your claim or complaint must be submitted to us in the form available on Our Website, or contain the same information as that requested in our form. It must be sent to us by post or email.
- we shall remove the offending Content as soon as we are reasonably able;
- after we receive notice of a claim or complaint, we shall investigate so far as we alone decide;
- we may re-instate the Content about which you have complained or not.
- In respect of any complaint made by you or any person on your behalf, whether using our form of complaint or not, you now irrevocably grant to us a licence to publish the complaint and all ensuing correspondence and communication, without limit.
- You now agree that if any complaint is made by you frivolously or vexatiously you will repay us the cost of our investigation including legal fees, if any.
10. Security of Our Website
If you violate Our Website we shall take legal action against you. You now agree that you will not, and will not allow any other person to:
- modify, copy, or cause damage or unintended effect to any portion of Our Website, or any software used within it.
- link to Our Website in any way that would cause the appearance or presentation of Our Website to be different from what would be seen by a user who accessed Our Website by typing the URL into a standard browser;
- download any part of Our Website, without our express written consent;
- collect or use any information obtained from or about Our Website or the Content except as intended by this agreement;
- aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the Content or information available from Our Website, other than as permitted by this agreement or as is reasonably necessary for your use of the Services;
- share with a third party any login credentials to Our Website;
- Despite the above terms, we now grant a licence to you to:
- create a hyperlink to Our Website for the purpose of promoting an interest common to both of us. You can do this without specific permission. This licence is conditional upon your not portraying us or any product or service in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of ours as part of the link without our express written consent.
- you may copy the text of any page for your personal use in connection with the purpose of Our Website or a Service we provide.
11. Uploading to our servers
- You must not upload to, or store on our servers any material or Content which you are not permitted by this agreement to Post to Our Website.
This agreement may be terminated:
- For monthly plans, termination is effective immediately upon cancelling via the Billing cancel button. No refunds for part months remaining will be issued.
- for annual plans, termination is effective 14 days after notification from yourself via email confirming:
- The subscription details
- Evidence of authority or plan ownership.
- when we terminate it, without notice, on account of your failure to comply with these terms.
- immediately by either party if a trustee receiver administrative receiver or similar officer is appointed in respect of all or any part of the business or assets of the other party or if a petition is presented or a meeting is convened for the purpose of considering a resolution or other steps are taken for the winding up of the other party or for the making of an administration or bankruptcy order (otherwise than for the purpose of an amalgamation or reconstruction).
- Any termination of this agreement by this paragraph shall be without prejudice to any other rights or remedies to which a party may be entitled.
- Termination by either party shall have the following effects:
- your right to use the Services immediately ceases;
- we are under no obligation to forward any unread or unsent messages to you or any third party;
- In the event of such termination by us, we will within 14 days refund to you the balance of your cost outstanding for any Service, pro rata with time not elapsed;
- There shall be no reimbursement or credit if we decide in our absolute discretion that you have failed to comply with any of the terms of this agreement.
13. Interruption to Services
- If it is necessary for us to interrupt the Services, we will give you reasonable notice where this is possible and when we judge the down time is such as to justify telling you.
- You acknowledge that the Services may also be interrupted for many reasons beyond our control.
- You agree that we are not liable to you for any loss, foreseeable or not, arising from any interruption to the Services.
14. Service Provisions
- Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9:30am to 5pm.
- We are contactable via webpage chat and email.
- Our standard offer of service includes a reasonable level of support with the configuration of the payroll software by a trained payroll professional.
- We are not financial advisors, HR advisors or accountants.
- Training and additional support above reasonable levels, as decided by us, may be chargeable.
15. Intellectual Property
You agree that at all times you will:
- not cause or permit anything which may damage or endanger our title to the Intellectual Property.
- notify us of any suspected infringement of the Intellectual Property;
- indemnify us for any loss or expense arising from your misuse of the Intellectual Property;
- on the expiry or termination of this agreement immediately stop using the Intellectual Property except as expressly authorised by us in writing;
- not use any name or mark similar to or capable of being confused with any name or mark of ours;
- so far as concerns software provided or made accessible by us to you, you will not:
- copy, or make any change to any part of its code;
- use it in any way not anticipated by this agreement;
- not use the Intellectual Property except directly in our interest.
16. Security of your data
- Data uploaded and downloaded from our services is via Transport Layer Security encrypted data transfer.
- Sensitive data, as defined by GDPR, held in our databases in encrypted within the database.
- PDF payslips are encrypted by default. All other files served by the site and unencrypted, however an option exists to encrypt these as well if you configure the system as such.
- Access to the site is via password protected login credentials. Users can choose to enable 2 factor authentication. This is your responsibility to enable if required.
17. Data storage and transmission
- Our data is hosted and stored in the European Union. The location and status of our systems can be found on our website under the System Status page.
- We reserve the right to change location of data storage and servers without notice within the EU.
- We maintain regular backups of your data, stored on separate servers, for the purposes of device failure and recovery. The backup is not intended to be used for restoring data deleted/corrupted due to operator error. Any such restoration on request from you may attract service fees.
- We assume no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store or deliver email or other messages.
- You accept that we cannot be liable to you for any such deletion or failure to deliver to you.
- We maintain a hot failover live database.
- We maintain reasonable procedures for general backup of data for our own purposes but we give no warranty that your data will be saved or backed up in any particular circumstances, or that the data will be up to date with your last entries.
- We take snapshot backups at the following intervals and retained for the stated periods:
- 3 hourly held for 4 days.
- Daily held for 7 days
- Weekly held for 42 days
- Monthly held for 120 days
18. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- The law differs from one country to another. This paragraph applies to sales throughout the EU.
- All implied conditions, warranties and terms are excluded from this agreement. If in any jurisdiction an implied condition, warrant or term cannot be excluded, then this sub paragraph shall be deemed to be reduced in effect, only to the extent necessary to release that specific condition, warranty or term.
- We make contact with Revenue via your individual Revenue Digital Certificate as uploaded to us by you. As such, any information posted to Revenue is done so as if it were you were posting it. It is your responsibility to ensure that this information is correct, and to make any corrections as may be required by Revenue. We suggest you review your initial postings carefully to satisfy yourself that the data is being posted correctly. If your certificate expires you must generate a new one and upload that to our service. If you wish to revoke our access you must either delete the certificate from our system or invalidate it with Revenue.
- We make contact with your accounting systems via your individual API Key or authentication credentials as uploaded to us by you. Postings to these systems are made as if you had done so yourself. It is your responsibility to post the data correctly, and to make any corrections as required. We suggest you review your initial postings carefully to satisfy yourself that the data is being posted as expected. If you wish to revoke our access to the system you must do so with your accounting package provider, or by changing the configuration in our system.
- The software is highly configurable. While our system is pre-configured for the most common use cases, it may not be initially set to the requirements of your business. You are responsible for final configuration of the system and for the ongoing adjustments as may be required as employment and tax regulations evolve.
- We make no representation or warranty that the Services will be:
- useful to you;
- of satisfactory quality;
- fit for a particular purpose;
- available or accessible, without interruption, or without error;
- We claim no expert knowledge in any subject. We disclaim any obligation or liability to you arising directly or indirectly from information you take from Our Website.
- You agree that in any circumstances when we may become liable to you, the limit of our liability is the amount you have paid us in the immediately preceding 12 month period for the Services concerned.
- We shall not be liable to you for any loss or expense which is:
- indirect or consequential loss; or
- economic loss or other loss of turnover, profits, business or goodwill, even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable or we knew you might incur it.
- This paragraph (and any other paragraph which excludes or restricts our liability) applies to our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies as well as to us.
- If you become aware of any breach of any term of this agreement by any person, please tell us by email. We welcome your input but do not guarantee to agree with your judgement.
19. Disclaimers and limitation of liability
You agree to indemnify us against all costs, claims and expense arising directly or indirectly from:
- your failure to comply with the law of any country;
- your breach of this agreement;
- any act, neglect or default by any agent, employee, licensee or customer of yours;
- a contractual claim arising from your use of the Services
- a breach of the intellectual property rights of any person;
For the purpose of this paragraph you agree that the cost of our management and technical time is properly recoverable and can reasonably be valued at € 50 per hour without further proof.
20. Dispute resolution
In this paragraph the term “ADR Provider” means an approved body under the European Union (Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes) Regulations 2015.
The following terms apply in the event of a dispute between the parties:
- If you are not happy with our services or have any complaint then you must tell us by email message to [email protected]olla.ie or an updated address which you will find on Our Website.
- If a dispute is not settled as set out above, we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- We can propose an ADR Provider or will listen to your proposal. If you are in any way concerned, you should read the regulations at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.
21. Miscellaneous matters
- You undertake to provide to us your current land address, e-mail address and telephone number as often as they are changed together with all information that we may require to enable us to fulfil our obligations under this contract.
- The schedules, if any, to this agreement are part of the agreement and have the same force and effect.
- If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- The rights and obligations of the parties set out in this agreement shall pass to any permitted successor in title.
- If you are in breach of any term of this agreement, we may:
- terminate your account and refuse access to Our Website;
- remove or edit Content, or cancel any order at our discretion;
- issue a claim in any court.
- Any obligation in this agreement intended to continue to have effect after termination or completion shall so continue.
- No failure or delay by any party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
- Any communication to be served on either of the parties by the other shall be delivered by hand or sent by first class post or recorded delivery or by e-mail. It shall be deemed to have been delivered: if delivered by hand: on the day of delivery; if sent by post to the correct address: within 72 hours of posting; If sent by e-mail to the address from which the receiving party has last sent e-mail: within 24 hours if no notice of non-receipt has been received by the sender.
- So far as the law permits, and unless otherwise stated, this agreement does not give any right to any third party.
- Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including any labour dispute between a party and its employees.
- In the event of any conflict between any term of this agreement and the provisions of the constitution of a limited company or any comparable document intended to regulate any other corporate or collective body, then the terms of this agreement shall prevail.
- The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and you agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in Ireland.